I am Leandro. This is my digital shed: a place where I can leave a trace of some of the things that excited me during a +20y path as technology designer.
I was often lucky and found myself in the right place at the right time, for example, when:
I led the design of the first UI for a 3G (smart) phone ever;
I led the small team that patented an eye-gaze user interface to control a computer (via a contactless eye-tracker);
I contributed to a patent about small displays video optimization.
I rebooted the adventurous times crossing AR/VR borders through the NTT immersive technologies.
I am thankful for the attention during my 100+ talks and conferences with 175K+ aggregated Slideshare views.
I am still in love with my 15+ years spent in design thinking, the few patents I contributed, my dirty dozen Awards, and all the books I wrote or contributed. Everything was possible because of the team I was part of, and I remember all the faces of the colleagues with whom I have tried to build a better world together, a single technology at time.
- Exploring industrial A.R. @Joinpad (Milan, Ningbo)
- Following EyeTracking +Medical Devices @Srlabs (Milan)
- Nurturing A.I. @Fyberloom
- Sharing Knowledge @Frontiers (Milan, Dubai, Berlin)
- Executive Digital Director, DGI CA
- Design Principal TOK.tv (sold 2019)
- Global Director, UX Principal (Razorfish Healthware)
Star Trek is inevitable, and humanity is going to build it.
INTERNET of THINGS
(my) Books' corner
I wrote two books (in Italian) and I contributed to a few others...
- Futuri Possibili, Ed. Giunti (2022)
– Digital Entrepreneur, Ed. Franco Angeli (2016)
– Digital Media and HCI, Ed. Aracne (2015)
– Reflections from the Future, Skira (2014)
– Stazione Futuro Qui si rifà l’Italia, Ed. Com. Italia 150 (2011)
– WeEconomy, Ed. Baldini Castoldi (2011)
– Link. Idee per la televisione, Ed. RTI (2007)
- INDEX: Interaction Design Experience, Ed. Franco Angeli (2007)
– Content Management, Ed. Apogeo (2002)
A FEW LESSON LEARNED...
MEMORABILIA PHOTO WALL
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
— David Orban, Blockchain investor, Futurist
“Leeander is a true, contemporary polymath! With his diverse, rich experience, and constructive, can-do attitude, any team, startup, or large corporation can only greatly benefit from having him on board. From concept, to prototype, to shipping product, he will make sure to overcome any challenge, so that the project advances until it can reach its full potential on the market..”