I am Leandro. This is my digital shed: a place where I can leave a trace of some of the things that excited me during a +20y path as technology designer.
I am thankful for the life journey that brought me where I am today. I was often lucky, and found myself in the right place at the right time. Like that time when I led the design of the very first UI for a 3G (smart) phone ever. Or when I led the very small team that patented an eye-gaze user interface to control a computer (via a contactless eye-tracker). Or when I contributed to a patent about the small screen video optimization. I miss the adventurous times crossing AR/VR borders. The attention I got giving more of 200 talks and conferences -or- the more than 200.000 aggregated Slideshare views.
The 15+ years spent into Design thinking. The few patents I contributed. My dirty dozen of Awards. The 2+8 times writing into book. The memory of hundreds of students I met in various universities. The faces of friends and colleagues whom I have tried to build a better world together, a single technology at time.
THIS IS NOT A PORTFOLIO. If you are interested to the newest stuff I did, please refer to DGI Official Website.
Star Trek is inevitable and humanity is going to build it.
(my) Books' corner
I wrote two books (in Italian) and I contributed to a few others...
– Content Management, Ed. Apogeo (2002) - INDEX: Interaction Design Experience, Ed. Franco Angeli (2007)
– Link. Idee per la televisione, Ed. RTI (2007)
– WeEconomy, Ed. Baldini Castoldi (2011)
– Stazione Futuro Qui si rifà l’Italia, Ed. Com. Italia 150 (2011)
– Reflections from the Future, Skira (2014)
– Digital Media and HCI, Ed. Aracne (2015)
– Digital Entrepreneur, Ed. Franco Angeli (2016)